Six Week Board Game League at Meeples Games – 1st place each week gets a copy of the game!
Join us to have fun and win cool prizes starting Monday August 24 at 6:00 PM!
Monday Nights August 24 – September 28
Each week we will be playing a different game (see the list below.) If you haven’t played the game, stop by the store for a demo or check it out from our game library and practice for the competition! Watch our calendar for Learn to Play events.
- It will cost $10 per week to play in the league due the night of the event.
- You can sign up in advance at the store to reserve a spot.
- For the 2015 Summer Season, up to 8 players can play each week. A minimum of 4 players is required for prizes to be awarded.
- Players will be randomly assigned to game tables for each round. Most games will play three rounds. Each round, Meeple Points (MP) will be awarded based on finishing order.
- First Place in a game gets 2 points and Second Place gets 1 point.
- After all the rounds are finished, players will be ranked by Meeple Points*.
- First Place (the player with the most Meeple Points*) will be awarded a copy of the game.
- Second Place get a $10 Gift Card
- Each week we will have a random Lucky Door Prize Winner who will get something cool.
At the end of the night League Points will be awarded based on Meeple Points.
League Points are as follows:
- 1st Place (highest MP) – 8
- 2nd Place – 7
- 3rd Place – 6
- 4th Place – 5
- All other players receive 3 points for playing
At the end of the League Season final prizes are awarded as follows:
- 1st Place – $100 Meeples Gift Card
- 2nd Place – $75 Meeples Gift Card
- 3rd Place – $50 Meeples Gift Card
- 4th – 8th Place – $10 Meeples Gift Card
There will also be a cool item for every participant who has come to each week’s game.
2015 Summer Season 1 games
- Week 1 – Camel Up
- Week 2 – Machi Koro
- Week 3 – DC Deckbuilding Game Teen Titans
- Week 4 – Carcassonne
- Week 5 – Harbour
- Week 6 – Boss Monster
*All ties will be resolved by individual game scores.
Monday Nights August 24 – September 28
Our friends at True North Coffee have got us all set up with our new Nitro Cold Brew system. This delicious coffee drink is slightly effervescent, smooth with a creamy head! It’s served undiluted over ice and it’s strong and flavorful.
16oz – 4.99
8oz – 2.99
Dice Masters is on a roll at Meeples Games! If you’ve been wanting to try out this exciting new collectible game, it’s never been a better time to get in on the action. Join our growing community on Wednesday evenings to learn the game, test your decks, and win prizes in friendly competitions.
Dice Masters appeals to players who like dice, deck building, Quarriors, and/or collectible games like Magic The Gathering. In Dice Masters, two players take the role of masterminds directing the actions of a team of powerful supers (represented by dice) to battle each other! Every character on your team will have one or more dice, and a corresponding card that shows the abilities of the character. Each turn, you’ll roll your dice to see what resources you have available, buy dice, send your team members into the field, and then strike at the enemy mastermind. Reduce the opposing mastermind’s life to zero, and save the day!
Dice Masters can be played with charactes from one universe setting, or by combining the settings. Choose from Marvel Comics, DC Comics, and Dungeons & Dragons. You only need one starter set to start playing, and booster packs that come with 2 additional character cards and 2 dice cost only 99 cents(!). Character cards are rated Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Ultra Rare, so getting the lucky booster pack can really boost your team’s ability. Create your team from one universe, or mix and match from multiple universes. You can also play teams from different universes against each other – see who will prevail in a battle between your favorite X-Men characters and the monsters from D&D (hint: Dragons are always tough opponents!)
One reason to jump in to Dice Masters now is that the new set – DC War of Light – is scheduled for release on September 16, 2015, and Meeples will be hosting Rainbow Drafts to help players build their collection while having some friendly competition and prizes. In November 2015, the Amazing Spider Man will join the Marvel universe, and in January 2016, prepare for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Be sure to let us know at Meeples if you want to preorder any Dice Masters products and we will make sure you have dibs on all this great new stuff!
Playing at Meeples Games
We play on every Wednesday night at 6:30 and some Saturdays/Sundays. Check our calendar for upcoming event times and details. Register in advance at WizKidsEventSystem.com to reserve your spot. We track play with WizKids so players can find their status on the leaderboards and have opportunities to advance to regional competition.
Our events follow different formats, including:
- Casual – no entry fee or prizes; use teams from any universe; learn new tips and strategies from our experienced players!
- Standard constructed – build your team in advance and compete for prizes, entry fee may be required.
- Rainbow Draft – Participants open new packs (typically 12 packs), then draft-and-pass to pick which 24 characters to keep and use to build the team for the event. Typically an entry fee is required and prizes are awarded.
- Constructed/Sealed – Players bring 4 of their own characters then open new packs (typically 10) which are theirs to keep. The team is built from any combination of those characters. Typically an entry fee is required and prizes are awarded.
- Pauper’s Tournament – a constructed format where only common and uncommon cards are allowed.
- We also will be exploring other formats in future events!
Here are a few websites that offer instruction, strategy tips, and give you a chance to see winning teams:
The Suggestion Box this week is chock full of good ideas.
- Keep being awesome!
- Boss Monster in the library
- Maybe. We can’t have every game we sell in the library and this game is popular and hard to keep in stock. We’ll think about it.
- Betrayal at House on the Hill in the library
- D&D Character Sheets available to players
- We can print those out whenever you need them. Just ask!
- Turn down the A/C
- I’m assuming this means ‘make it warmer’. Which we did today!
- More bathroom posters
- Funny! Are y’all lacking reading material? We can definitely add more posters. Check tonight!
- And another More Bathroom Posters (are y’all colluding?)
Crokinole is a manual dexterity game that has been popular in Canada for many years and is now gaining in popularity here in the Pacific Northwest. It’s got elements of shuffleboard and curling in that you are trying to place your discs for high scoring while also try to knock the other player’s discs to lower scoring or out of play.
It plays 2 or 4 people and games last just a few minutes.
We have added this beautiful board to our game library so come on in and give it a try (you’ll need to ask for it.) We’re going to have a tournament soon and we’ll keep you posted!
So, as you may know, we’re taking a break from our usual 8 week league cycle. We’re going to be mixing up some casual play nights on Mondays with some special one off events. And we have some great ones! Also, these one off events will be free and EVERYONE is welcome to come play (not just past league members)
August 10th: Casual Play (bring in your Old Hollywood decks!) Also, Learn to Play. New players encouraged to come learn.
August 17th: Double Elimination Tournament hosted by Alex B. No cost to enter. First prize is a pick from the pool. Second prize is a deck box. Details: Play each opponent in a single match (sides randomly decided). Don’t lose two matches. Best record wins the night. That’s it!
August 24th: Casual play. Also, Learn to Play. New players encouraged to come learn.
August 31st: C4 Tournament! This will be another double elimination tournament (hosted by Connor). However in this tournament you can only play with cards from the core set and 4 other cards in each deck. For example, you could build a core set Kate deck and then include 3x Same Old Things, 3x Dirty Laundrys, 3 Self-Modifying Codes and 3 Daily Casts (4 different cards not from the core set, 3 copies of each). First place will receive a pick from the prize pool and second place will receive a deck box.
September 7th: Casual Play. Also, Learn to Play. New players encouraged to come learn.
September 14th: Casual Play and our first Ladies Netrunner Night (details on this soon, but this will be a separate event in the cafe from the the regular league casual play in the Thunderdome)
September 21st: EVENT TBD
September 28th: Casual Play (Pre -League Edition). Also, Learn to Play. New players encouraged to come learn.
October 5th: LEAGUE 2.3 BEGINS!