Hey y’all! I just wanted to post a quick update about the current progress of construction.
We’re on target to have construction complete by 4/20! Woo! Then we’ll have a few weeks of moving things in, getting set up and organized. Hopefully we’ll be ready for a ‘soft open’ by the end of April. That means that we’ll be open a few hours per day to get the kinks worked out before our Grand Opening in May. I’ll keep ya posted on the times and dates.
The framing is done, the electrical and plubming rough-ins are done and we’re getting our first inspection tomorrow (Tuesday). It’s moving really fast now. I can’t wait to start moving things in! I have storage units all over town!!
Still to do:
- Get the grease trap – I have a call out to the folks I’m buying it from, but we need to make sure we are meeting the health department requirements which are very specific.
- Get the hand sinks – that’s easy. I have them queue’d up, I just need to go get them.
- Start to get tables – I haven’t done this yet because a) they take up a lot of room and I don’t have anywhere to put them (reference ‘storage unit all over town…’) b) there are a gazillion available everytime I look, so it shouldn’t be a problem to get them when I’m ready.
Stuff in the works:
- We’ve commissioned a mural art piece from a local artist, Paul Gasoi. We’re pretty excited about it! I can’t wait for everyone to see it.
- The sign – the real sign – has been ordered and is scheduled to be installed the first week of May. Woot!!
- We need to get a forklift to get all of our kitchen equipment up to the second floor. Most of it won’t fit in the little elevator. This is going to be quite the undertaking of coordination. We still have a few weeks before we do this and I’m working on coordination now.
- Tabletop Day! We’re having our volunteer planning meeting this evening to get everyone assigned jobs and make sure our meeples are in a row before the event. Lots to do for this still including getting the games sorted and labled for the library / demos, getting the provisions ordered and delivered, pick up the sandwich board signs, get the Tabletop Day event kit delivered (this better come in soon – the distributors don’t have them yet which means event sites don’t have them yet!!)
Here are some photos of the construciton right now. It’s hard to tell what’s happening, but it’s going to be great!