Dice Masters is on a roll!
Dice Masters is on a roll at Meeples Games! If you’ve been wanting to try out this exciting new collectible game, it’s never been a better time to get in on the action. Join our growing community on Wednesday evenings to learn the game, test your decks, and win prizes in friendly competitions.
Dice Masters appeals to players who like dice, deck building, Quarriors, and/or collectible games like Magic The Gathering. In Dice Masters, two players take the role of masterminds directing the actions of a team of powerful supers (represented by dice) to battle each other! Every character on your team will have one or more dice, and a corresponding card that shows the abilities of the character. Each turn, you’ll roll your dice to see what resources you have available, buy dice, send your team members into the field, and then strike at the enemy mastermind. Reduce the opposing mastermind’s life to zero, and save the day!
Dice Masters can be played with charactes from one universe setting, or by combining the settings. Choose from Marvel Comics, DC Comics, and Dungeons & Dragons. You only need one starter set to start playing, and booster packs that come with 2 additional character cards and 2 dice cost only 99 cents(!). Character cards are rated Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Ultra Rare, so getting the lucky booster pack can really boost your team’s ability. Create your team from one universe, or mix and match from multiple universes. You can also play teams from different universes against each other – see who will prevail in a battle between your favorite X-Men characters and the monsters from D&D (hint: Dragons are always tough opponents!)
One reason to jump in to Dice Masters now is that the new set – DC War of Light – is scheduled for release on September 16, 2015, and Meeples will be hosting Rainbow Drafts to help players build their collection while having some friendly competition and prizes. In November 2015, the Amazing Spider Man will join the Marvel universe, and in January 2016, prepare for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Be sure to let us know at Meeples if you want to preorder any Dice Masters products and we will make sure you have dibs on all this great new stuff!
Playing at Meeples Games
We play on every Wednesday night at 6:30 and some Saturdays/Sundays. Check our calendar for upcoming event times and details. Register in advance at WizKidsEventSystem.com to reserve your spot. We track play with WizKids so players can find their status on the leaderboards and have opportunities to advance to regional competition.
Our events follow different formats, including:
- Casual – no entry fee or prizes; use teams from any universe; learn new tips and strategies from our experienced players!
- Standard constructed – build your team in advance and compete for prizes, entry fee may be required.
- Rainbow Draft – Participants open new packs (typically 12 packs), then draft-and-pass to pick which 24 characters to keep and use to build the team for the event. Typically an entry fee is required and prizes are awarded.
- Constructed/Sealed – Players bring 4 of their own characters then open new packs (typically 10) which are theirs to keep. The team is built from any combination of those characters. Typically an entry fee is required and prizes are awarded.
- Pauper’s Tournament – a constructed format where only common and uncommon cards are allowed.
- We also will be exploring other formats in future events!
Here are a few websites that offer instruction, strategy tips, and give you a chance to see winning teams:
- Learn to Play video