The holidays are over and things are taking off
We made it through the holidays. I hope everyone reading this had an excellent holiday celebrating with family and friends and playing lots of games. I received games, gave games and played games!
Store progress continues. I’ve been working on the menu. I’ll post it here when I get it closer to what I want it to be, but it will be:
- Small 20 or so items
- Healthy – lots of fruit and veggies, dip-able snacks, nothing fried
- Support vegan, gluten-free, vegetarian – something for everyone
- Game appropriate – sharable, not too messy
- Involves no cooking (we won’t have a stove, oven, fryer or vent hood)
- Can be done with microwave, slow cooker, panini press or toaster oven
- Locally sourced as much as possible
Let me know on facebook if you have any ideas, things you would love to see on the menu, etc.
Tomorrow I’m meeting with a few people (this stuff all seems to happen at the same time.) My architect and contractor will be at the location to get measurements to complete the as-built drawings needed to complete the construction documents which are in turn needed for the construction permits. I’ll use this time to have another meeting with my contractor. We have about three weeks until we have access to the space.
I’m also meeting with a guy about a sign. I’m very interested to see how much that’s going to cost. I’m hoping under $5k. We’ll see.
What else? Lining things up for the liquor license, submitted my Dept of Revenue excise tax return – $0!